As Scotland’s animal welfare charity, we’ve been on-hand to protect animals and prevent cruelty for 180 years. Over almost two centuries, we’ve grown to become a national charity which celebrates the strength of the human-animal bond and enriches the lives of animals and people.
- We champion animal welfare and encourage respect and kindness for animals across all our communities
- We educate people of all ages about the welfare of animals in our mission to eradicate
- animal cruelty and create a better future for all of us
- We promote the importance of the human/animal bond, and the myriad medical, social and psychological advantages gained from animal companionship
- We bring those who abuse animals to justice
- We care for, rescue, rehabilitate, release and rehome
- We are Scotland’s animal champions.
Investigating abuse across Scotland, we’re proud to be at the forefront of preventing cruelty to animals. As the only animal charity in the UK recognised as a reporting agency to the Crown Office, our inspectors enforce the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006.
We are a completely separate charity from the RSPCA, which helps animals in England and Wales.
Donations are vital because we receive no government funding.
Scottish Charity No. SC 006467