The Scottish SPCA is caring for a gull who was found with plastic wrapped so tightly around his feet that it caused them to blister.
We were alerted on 13 July after a member of public discovered him with the plastic string around his feet.
Animal Rescue Officer Dawn Robertson said, “The plastic was wrapped very tightly around the poor guys foot which had caused it to swell and blister.
“I was able to cut it off before he was taken to our National Wildlife Rescue Centre in Fishcross to receive further treatment.
“It was very lucky that someone spotted him and alerted us when they did as it’s not always such a happy ending.
“The gull is doing well so far and we’re hopeful we’ll be able to release him back into the wild.
“The vast majority of the public are very responsible and take care to clear away their rubbish after they've used it. However, we want to remind the public that by being so careless can kill wildlife.”
Anyone concerned about the welfare of an animal should contact our animal helpline on 03000 999 999.