Back to Latest News

Warning after suspected dog poisoning in Dunfermline

Image
Badge

The Scottish SPCA is urging dog owners in Dunfermline to be vigilant after a dog ate rat poison on Hogmanay.

We were contacted by a member of the public after their dog ingested rat poison on a grassy area near a footpath linking Old Kirk Place and Scotland Drive. The dog was checked by a vet and has made a full recovery.

Inspector Stephanie Ross said: “We received a report a poor dog ate a cup full of blue and yellow pellets. The area is a public path used by lots of dog walkers. Thankfully, the dog is okay but pet owners in the area should be vigilant.

“Attempting to deliberately harm an animal is a criminal offence.”

Our animal helpline can be reached every day between 7am and 9pm on 03000 999 999.

If anyone is concerned about an animal, please do not hesitate to contact our confidential animal helpline on 03000 999 999. We need your support today. From as little as £1, you can save lives. Please support the Scottish SPCA today.

Visa
Mastercard